A Temporary Safe Place
You and your children may need a temporary safe place away from your partner's emotional abuse or violence. For many women the shelter is a place to rest, sort out feelings, decide what is next, and get information and support to make changes.
A Home-Like Residence
The shelter is a large home-like residence with women and children living cooperatively and sharing in the household tasks. Advocates are available to help with safety planning, practical and emotional support, education around domestic violence and healthy relationships, and referral to community resources.
You can expect
- 24-hour access to advocacy and support
- a confidential location with security measures
- basic food and necessities
- emergency clothing and toiletries
- laundry facilities on site
- support from other women with similar experiences